The Boyfriend Jean: Styling Tips
No need to rummage through your boyfriend’s closet for the perfect pair of slouchy denim: this fit is trending and can be found at a number of retailers. The ripped, worn-out style in a variety of washes is being seen all over the streets, donned by everyone from bloggers to celebs. Looking for a relaxed, ultra-easy style to wear? Pair them with a fitted tee and converse for an edgy yet comfortable appearance. Dress it up with strappy feminine heels, a blazer, and statement accessories. Rolling and cuffing them up makes for a trendy and sophisticated alternative for a variety of body types. Downplay the masculine style with feminine tops — the key is a balanced juxtaposition! Styling the baggy denim with a fitted crop top will balance out the look perfectly. I personally haven’t jumped on this trend train yet; however, I plan for my next purchase to be a pair of distressed boyfriend jeans. Not sure if I will be able to rock this baggy look…but that won’t stop me from trying!
Tips to Takeaway:
1. Pair a tight crop top with the loose denim for a flirty look.
2. An oversized tee gives this denim a more relaxed, easygoing look.
3. Solid or printed sneakers look casual and fabulous paired with boyfriend jeans. Try out wedge sneakers for an edgier look!
4. Cuff your denim and throw on some strappy heels to instantly transform your look for a night out.
5. Fall is right around the corner. A chunky sweater and ankle booties will complete your look for the season!
Written By: Michele Lavanchy