Top 5 Reasons to Watch the Summer Olympics
Besides being fun and interesting to watch, here are the top five reasons to watch the 2012 Summer Olympics:
1) Its a great way to support the U.S. and our athletes. No matter what country you are from, you can feel proud and inspired watching the games.
2) You get to see amazing talent. These are the best athletes in the world; you absolutely do not want to miss out on seeing the phenomenal and incredible competition, sportsmanship, camaraderie, and feats that they are capable of.
3) You become educated on sports you know nothing about, as well as different countries, cultures, people, etc. It’s a great way to expand your horizons and see all the different uniforms, clothing, and flags; not to mention gorgeous London.
4) Amazing entertainment. The opening and closing ceremonies should speak for themselves, as well as the celebrities who participate and the award ceremonies.
5) You get to see countries from all over the world come together, even those who are struggling or are in political unrest. It’s a beautiful thing to watch and be a part of.
Another extra bonus for us ladies is all the hot, fit men that compete! Of course, for the men out there who watch the Olympic Games there are stunning women who compete too. For me personally, I visited London for preview back in 2009, and just watching the coverage and everything so far makes me miss it terribly and want to go back again. So everyone out there, get excited and into the Summer Olympics! Root for your favorite country, sport, or athlete because it truly takes heart, dedication, and passion to do what they do; not to mention it won’t be on again for another four years! You can find the full schedule of events right here so you won’t miss a thing. Be a part of history, everyone watch the 2012 Olympics, just do it!
Written by: Nicolette P.